Heal. Smile. Breathe.
Bring Wellness to Life.
We are dedicated to providing quality healthcare through a wide range of health services to the people in our communities, always serving with dignity and compassion.
Bring wellness to life.
Excellence: The provision of superior health care services.
Integrity: The utmost honesty and truthfulness in our words and deeds
Compassion: Behaving with kindness, empathy and concern in every situation.
Respect: Treating our patients and each other with the highest esteem.
Above all else, Northwest Michigan Health Services Inc. (NMHSI) takes a positive approach to health care, believing consistent, quality health care is within reach, for everyone. With the patient at the center of all we do, we provide easier ways to access medical, dental and behavioral health services in a compassionate and comfortable environment. Every day, we help patients overcome barriers to health care—cost, time, transportation, language—and navigate their wellness journey. We truly take a fresh attitude to health care and share our passion for helping people. So much good goes on at NMHSI!
After 50+ years of service, we are trusted leaders, advocates and providers of health care in our region. From our experienced providers to new health care technologies, every aspect of our care is top-notch. As a certified Patient-Centered Medical Home, our model of care embraces:
• Comprehensive Care: A team approach to meet the large majority of each patient’s physical and mental health care needs, including prevention and wellness, acute care and chronic care.
• Patient-Centered Care: Health care that is relationship-based and respectful of each patient’s needs, culture, values and preferences.
• Coordinated Care: Care is coordinated across all elements of the broader health care system, with help from community services and supports.
• Accessible Services: Additional services and supports are in place to provide easier access to patients—extended hours, telehealth, curbside vaccines, 24/7 call service, online patient portal,
mobile clinics, interpreters, etc.
• Quality and Safety: The organization is committed to quality and quality-improvement practices.
As a federally-qualified health center and a nonprofit organization, we are proud to serve every member of the northwest lower Michigan community, regardless of health insurance coverage. With locations in Benzonia, Ludington, Manistee, Shelby and Traverse City and with several mobile clinics, we help the people of northwest lower Michigan to heal, smile and breathe. We bring wellness to life!
Notice To Patients
NMHSI will not discriminate against patients based on race, age, national origin, sex, (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), religion, disability, or genetic information. NMNHSI will provide access to care regardless of ability to pay. Northwest Michigan Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.
Under federal law relating to the operation of health centers, the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) provides the exclusive remedy for damage from personal injury, including death, resulting from the performance of medical, surgical, dental, or related functions within the scope of deemed employment by any volunteer of a deemed health center who the Department of Health and Human Services has deemed to be an employee of the Public Health Service (See Public Health Service Act subsection 224(1), codified at 42 U.S.C. § 223(q).
NMHSI is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Kirk Myers | President
- Fernando Meza | Vice President
- Karen Goodman | Treasurer
- Cathy Rybicki | Secretary
- Mimi Appel
- Kathleen Johnson
- J. Edson Pontes, MD
- Rochelle Radlinski
- Larry VanSickle
- David Wild, MD