School Health Center
Traverse City Area Public Schools
Bring Wellness to Life.
NMHSI proudly partners with the Traverse City Area Public Schools (TCAPS) to provide onsite medical and behavioral health services to students ages 5-21, through the TCAPS Student Health Center. We believe students are better able to perform in school when their basic health care needs are met. By offering accessible care for both preventative and acute care within the school district, we intend to provide our students a holistic approach for overall wellbeing.
The Student Health Center will be located at West Middle School and will be open all year. Insurance or not, new patients are always welcome.
• Physical exams for school, sports & camp
• Well-child visits
• Primary care, urgent visits & minor injuries
• Vision/hearing screenings and follow-up
• STD and Screening Checks
• Basic laboratory services
Behavioral Health Services
• Crisis Intervention
• Referrals for specialty services
• Substance use counseling & education
• Mental health counseling & referrals
• Individual or group community education
Patient Support Services
• Health Insurance Enrollment & Sliding Fee Program
• Connection to Community Resources
• Health Education
• Interpreters / Bilingual Staff
• Coordinated Care with Specialists
• Telehealth visits, as needed